Posted by Caitlin on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 9:11pm.
John says to Brenda, "if you give me eight dollars, we will have an equal amount of money." Brenda responds, "but if you give me eight dollars, I will have twice as much money as you." How much money did Brenda and John each have?
Need to show how you did this.
- Math - bobpursley, Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 9:18pm
- Math - Caitlin, Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 9:23pm
I got this far and still am stuck. How much do they each have?
- Math - Michael, Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 9:25pm
Solve this system of equations by substitution or elimination.
Substitution would probably be easiest. Simply solve for b in the first equation and substitute that into the second equation.
- Math - Caitlin, Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 9:35pm
I have tried substituting J and B with several different numbers and I can't come up with answer. I have been working on this so long and don't get it. How much money do they each have/
- Math - Mary, Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 10:09pm
This on is pretty easy, you just have to create 2 equations base on the problem.
X = Jonh
Y = Brenda
I also post the answer to your other problem... hope that help you at least a little.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math, algebra - If Will gives Molly $9 dollars he will have the same amount of ...
- algebra - If Will gives Molly $9 dollars he will have the same amount of money ...
- math - Brenda spent half her money at a store in the mall. At another store, she...
- money conversion problem - I have a currency conversion problem that I have ...
- MATH - AUNT ALICE GAVE EACH OF HER 3 NIECES A NUMBER OF SILVER DOLLARS EQUAL TO ...
- math - aunt alice gave each of her three nieces a number of silver dollars equal...
- math - Aunt Alice gave each of her three nieces a number of silver dollars equal...
- MATH - Brenda donates part of her salary to the local childrens hospital each ...
- math - Web Results For:The ratio of john's money to Peter's money was 4:7 at ...
- algebra - A total of $12,000 is invested in two funds paying 9% and 11% simple ...