And also, how do you say the negative of nous nous levons?
Like "nous nous ne levons pas"??
l'impératif de se lever
lève-toi / ne te lève pas
levez-vous / ne vous levez pas
levons-nous / ne nous levons pas
You'll love the negative! nous ne nous levons pas. (Remember to keep the Reflexive Pronoun as close to the verb as you can.)
NOTES on Reflexive Verbs:
1. The reflexive pronouns (me, te, se, nous, vous) like other pronoun objects, normally pecede the verb.
2. In the affirmative imperative, they follow the verb and are connected to it with a hyphen. After the verb, "toi" is used instead of te (and "soi" instead of se)
3. (Me, te, se) become (m', t', s') before a verb beginning with a vowel or silent "h:" = je m'amuse / elle s'habille
4. The reflexive pronoun is not always a direct object. It may be an indirect object, while some other word in the sentence is the direct object.
EXAMPLES: Je me brosse les dents. = I brush my teeth. "les dents" is the direct object"
Il se lavait la figure. = He was washing his face. "la figure" is the direct object
5. A verb that is reflexive in French need not be reflexive in English.
Nous nous dépêchons. = We hurry (ourselves)
Ils se lèvent. = They get (themselves) up.
Let's look at the transitive verb (lever = which must take a direct object) and the Reflexive verb (se lever, where the reflexive pronoun is the dirct object.)
EXAMPLES: lève le livre = lift the book
lève-toi = get (yourself) up
lave la voiture = wash the car
lave-moi la voiture = wash the car for me ("moi" being indirect object here)
lave-toi = wash (yourself) up
Answer this Question
FRENCH-Sentences - 1. Nous sommes arrivés à un champ où nous avons joué le jeux ...
French - Why is sometimes the conjugasion for "we" is nous nous? How do I know ...
French - How would you say "if we buy" in french? I looked it up in my ...
FRENCH - Another exercise. You just completed a month long family stay in ...
French-SraJMcGin - Did I translate these two sentences correctly? (please ...
FRENCH - Sra, thanks so much for the help yesterday with my French. Here is the ...
French - Hello. I need a bit of help in my french homework. Its on the subject ...
french - Hello. I have this bit of french homework. I've already some of it. ...
french - Can someone check this over? Nous sommes allées au club. L'Alibi était ...
French - For nous, do you pluralize the adjective? For example "nous sommes ...