And also, how do you say the negative of nous nous levons?
Like "nous nous ne levons pas"??
l'impératif de se lever
lève-toi / ne te lève pas
levez-vous / ne vous levez pas
levons-nous / ne nous levons pas
You'll love the negative! nous ne nous levons pas. (Remember to keep the Reflexive Pronoun as close to the verb as you can.)
NOTES on Reflexive Verbs:
1. The reflexive pronouns (me, te, se, nous, vous) like other pronoun objects, normally pecede the verb.
2. In the affirmative imperative, they follow the verb and are connected to it with a hyphen. After the verb, "toi" is used instead of te (and "soi" instead of se)
3. (Me, te, se) become (m', t', s') before a verb beginning with a vowel or silent "h:" = je m'amuse / elle s'habille
4. The reflexive pronoun is not always a direct object. It may be an indirect object, while some other word in the sentence is the direct object.
EXAMPLES: Je me brosse les dents. = I brush my teeth. "les dents" is the direct object"
Il se lavait la figure. = He was washing his face. "la figure" is the direct object
5. A verb that is reflexive in French need not be reflexive in English.
Nous nous dépêchons. = We hurry (ourselves)
Ils se lèvent. = They get (themselves) up.
Let's look at the transitive verb (lever = which must take a direct object) and the Reflexive verb (se lever, where the reflexive pronoun is the dirct object.)
EXAMPLES: lève le livre = lift the book
lève-toi = get (yourself) up
lave la voiture = wash the car
lave-moi la voiture = wash the car for me ("moi" being indirect object here)
lave-toi = wash (yourself) up
English - Thank you Ms. Sue and SraJMMcGin for your help. SraJMMcGin thanks for ...
french - When a sentence is in passe compose, which has an auxiliary verb, and ...
6th grade English - Need to pick out the subject, verb and adjective 1. I like ...
french - les verbes suivis de l'infinitif We are learning about infinitifs ...
French-SraJMcGin - Did I translate these two sentences correctly? (please ...
French - What verb do we use for the verbe auxiliaire (helping verb)?
french - I need to complete activity 11 noms et prenoms with the verb appeler, ...
french - which form of the French verb etre would you use to talk about yourself...
French - Is the second verb in a french sentence always in the infinitive (if ...
french - The place that you're going to go to is the park. L'endroit que vous ...