Posted by tamy on Friday, November 23, 2007 at 2:27am.
ok i have been working on my english homework for some time now. i was assigned a 400 question vocabulary packet. here are just 15 questions i coudnt find out while doing the entire packet. I couldn't even find any answers using the dictionary website. even if someone only answers 5 questions would be helpful. i found out to 1, 2, 4, 7, and 8 while posting this so dont mind it if i skip a number.
3. The lab technicians went through the titration process with __________ care.
5. When Tarzan returned to civilization, people worried about his sometimes ___________ behavior.
6. The diplomat's ______________ demands caused him to be less than welcome at most restaurants.
9. Even the most uptight scholar delights in the _________ , coarse jokes in Chaucer's "The Miller's Tale."
10. The French monarchy was renowned for its __________ disregard for the common people.
11. Charles's tastes in music were __________ . He had recordings of classical, jazz, rock-and-roll, and heavy metal performers.
12. The professor's lecture was simply ________, and the students actually began to laugh.
13. He left his family, and I knew that he would someday ________ the day.
14. The nerves in our fingertips are wonderfully sensitive to __________ sensations.
15. Rinaldo was an _________ smoker and could not break the habit even when he was diagnosed with emphysema.
- english vocab - GuruBlue, Friday, November 23, 2007 at 9:39am
Yup.... I gave you those 5.... If you use the dictionary, I am sure you will be able to find the correct answers. When you have done that, please repost and I will happily give you further suggestions for any you miss.
- english vocab - PsyDAG, Friday, November 23, 2007 at 9:51am
3. Sanguine refers to blood, while sedulous relates to careful perseverance.
4. Feral refers to manners of a wild beast.
6. Peremptory equals haughty.
It is interesting that I got these three answers from an online dictionary, but you say that "I couldn't even find any answers using the dictionary website."
With the remaining sentences, you can try the dictionary again, carefully looking over the definitions and using the cues from the sentence to make your decisions.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
- english vocab - Sandy, Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12:33am
Try using wikiwordy to help with some of these. The website provides a lot of example sentences, and helps you better understand how to use them appropriately in context.
Answer this Question
english - ok i have been working on my english homework for some time now. i was...
math - Subjects Art Business Computers English Foreign Languages Health Home ...
English-Lit - We have a theme for English-lIt it is OVERCOMING OBSTACLES. We ...
FACS - Reading Assignment Help! - I have this reading assignment for Family and ...
English - Need some help. need to match sentence from group A with one from ...
English - I am working on a debate on embryonic stem cell research. I've been ...
To Gunjan - Your posts have been removed. In the future, please remember these ...
ALL STUDENTS, PLEASE READ - Please remember these things: 1. This is a homework ...
TO ALL STUDENTS - Please remember these things: 1. This is a homework help ...
What Is Happening to my Posts? - you have to ask a homework help question, not ...