Posted by Cupcake on Thursday, November 22, 2007 at 10:30pm.
Will someone look over my answers and think this is okay? The assignment is and I'm suppose to find the strengths and weaknesses.
I am a new publisher with some really great books to sell. I saw your announcement in Publishers Weekly about the bookseller's show you're having this summer, and I think it's a great idea. Count me in, folks! I would like to get some space to show my books. I thought it would be a neat thing if I could do some live airbrushing on T-shirts to help promote my hot new title, T-Shirt Art. Before I got into publishing, I was an airbrush artist, and I could demonstrate my techniques. I've done hundreds of advertising illustrations and have been a sign painter all my life, so I'll also be promoting my other book, hot off the presses, How to Make Money in the Sign Painting Business.
I will be starting my PR campaign about May 2008 with ads in PW and some art trade papers, so my books should be well known by the time the show comes in August. In case you would like to use my appearance as part of your publicity, I have enclosed a biography and photo of myself.
P.S. Please let me know what it costs for booth space as soon as possible, so I can figure out whether I can afford to attend. Being a new publisher is mighty expensive!
My answers are:
used plain english-didnt use any slang.
spelling and grammer is correct
the letter has a purpose and was straight to the point
there is no targer audience
message is not formal enough
didn't do any planning or organizing of the info
didn't use the you attitude, concentrated more on there self
closed letter in a negitive way, ended using PS
- Business Communication - Michael, Thursday, November 22, 2007 at 10:55pm
Yes, your answers are very good. I especially like the weakness about not focusing on what the receiver of the letter has to gain by helping the publisher. The only suggestion that I might make would be changing "didn't do any planning or organizing of the info" to something like "could have planned and organized info better" because some planning and organization was done.
- Business Communication - PsyDAG, Friday, November 23, 2007 at 10:00am
If "spelling and grammer is correct" is a strength for that communication, it is not a strength in your answer. Some errors include:
English, grammar, target, negative
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Business Communication - Will someone look over my answers and think this is ...
- Can someone proof read please - This is the orginial assignment, and I am ...
- U.S. History to 1865 - What are some strenghts and weaknesses of the ...
- American National Government - What is the American political system's greatest ...
- accounting - Select a business in your community and observe its internal ...
- business studies - please can anyone help me with a report question i have to ...
- Accounting - I have almost completed my assignment, but am stuck on this ...
- JOB INTERVIEW - What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What are some...
- 12th grade - I am stuck on my thesis statement. I am to write a paper about my ...
- psychology - i'm trying to find strengths to a deep processing vs shalow ...