Posted by Kate on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 2:31pm.
Is this text correct?
Chinese new year
The chinese people celebrate new years eve in the first new moon of Febraury,it changes every year, it takes two weeks, from the new moon to the full moon, people wear red clothes in new year, they bring good luck in the future. They decorate their houses with colorful flowers and oranges, the oranges bring hapiness. They usually meet with their relatives in new year. They open doors and windows at midnigth to alow the old year go out. The used to count years with a simple and practical system, they named the years with animals, it is better because people don´t have to remember their ages, for example they colud say: I was born in the year of the dog.
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 2:52pm
1. Use correct capitalization.
2. Put a space after every comma, period, or other punctuation mark.
3. Clarify all pronouns. For example, what is "it'"?
4. Work on combining sentences to avoid having too many choppy, repetitive sentences.
5. Correct all run-ons; put proper punctuation at the end of every sentence.
6. Double-check for correct use of possessives.
If you wish to repost after you have made corrections, please do, and I'll review it again.
- english - GuruBlue, Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 2:52pm
The Chinese people celebrate New Year's Eve in the first new moon of February; it changes every year. The celebration takes two weeks from the new moon to the full moon. People wear red clothes during New Year because red brings good luck in the future. They also decorate their houses with colorful flowers and oranges; the oranges bring happiness. They usually meet with their relatives at New Year. They open doors and windows at midnight to allow the old year go out. The Chinese used to count years with a simple and practical system; they named the years with animals. This was better because people didn't have to remember their ages. For example they could say, " I was born in the year of the dog."
You have too many run-on sentences.
Be sure to capitalize proper nouns.
Be careful with the word "it"...
The reader needs to know what "it" refers to.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Sorry I get confuse, the text is this: Chinese new year Chinese people...
- Science - which of the following statements is true as the moon goes from new ...
- English/social studies - help me make a poem with this: It is the Chinese New ...
- English - What is the subject? One of the major celebrations during the Chinese ...
- English - Writeacher, could you please check these sentences I wrote about a ...
- astronomy - i want to know the new moon formula .what is the method to calculate...
- To:EVERYONE AT JISKHA - I JUST WANT TO WISH ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR. A NEW YEAR A ...
- English- Repost - I really need help on this, please help! Posted by Priscilla ...
- Social Studies - Did The CElts celebrate New Year's Eve in autumn?
- math - Venus begins a new year every 225 days. Earth begins a new year every 365...