Posted by tamy on .
ok i have been working on my english homework for some time now. i was assigned a 400 question vocabulary packet. here are just 15 questions i coudnt find out while doing the entire packet. I couldn't even find any answers using the dictionary website. even if someone only answers 5 questions would be helpful.
1. The general had to respect the ___________ spirit of his old enemies; they would not give up.
2. The coach's ___________ voice could be heard over all the other noise in the gymnasium.
3. The lab technicians went through the titration process with __________ care.
4. She got really tired of looking after the ____________ affairs of the farm.
5. When Tarzan returned to civilization, people worried about his sometimes ___________ behavior.
6. The diplomat's ______________ demands caused him to be less than welcome at most restaurants.
7. The artist's ____________ landscapes included gentle hills and streams, shepherds and flocks of sheep.
8. The jackass is known for its stubborn, ___________ refusals to respond to commands.
9. Even the most uptight scholar delights in the _________ , coarse jokes in Chaucer's "The Miller's Tale."
10. The French monarchy was renowned for its __________ disregard for the common people.
11. Charles's tastes in music were __________ . He had recordings of classical, jazz, rock-and-roll, and heavy metal performers.
12. The professor's lecture was simply ________, and the students actually began to laugh.
13. He left his family, and I knew that he would someday ________ the day.
14. The nerves in our fingertips are wonderfully sensitive to __________ sensations.
15. Rinaldo was an _________ smoker and could not break the habit even when he was diagnosed with emphysema.