Posted by Thomas on Monday, November 19, 2007 at 6:02pm.
A bicycle wheel is 30 inches in diameter.
a. to the nearest revolution, how many times will the wheel turn if the bicycle is ridden for 3 miles.
b. suppose the wheel turns at a constant rate of 2.75 revolutions per second. What is the linear speed in miles per hour of a point on the tire?
Math - Michael, Monday, November 19, 2007 at 6:13pm
Circumference = (pi)(d) = 30pi in
3 mi = 190,080 in
190,080 / 30pi = 6336 / pi = 2017 revolutions
Not sure about the second part.
Math - Elizabeth, Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 7:48pm
(3miles/1)*(5280ft/1mi)*(12in/1ft)*(1rev/15πin) is appx 4033 revolutions
(2.75rev/1sec)*(60sec/1min)*(60min/1hr)*(15πin/1rev)*(1ft/12in)*(1mi/5280ft) is appx 7.4 mph
Math - Kidrauhl, Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 12:47pm
The answers an owl as you at house of jug jug bird y'all finen
Math - Kidrauhl, Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 12:48pm
Maths is so cool
Math - Kidrauhl, Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 12:50pm
So this is a sensible answer basically you convert inches into miles which is about 190,080 inches then you do 30 times pie and divide them both
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A bicycle wheel is 30 inches in diameter. a. To the nearest revolution,...
- Geometry - The wheel of an adult's bicycle has diameter 26 in. The wheel of a ...
- math - The wheel of a bicycle has a diameter of 25 inches. How many turns does ...
- Geography - the diameter of a bicycle wheel is 26 inches.how many feet will the...
- Math - Juan races his bicycle for 196ft a wheel of his bicycle turns 28 times as...
- algebra - Justin races his bicycle for 90M . A wheel of his bicycle turns 45 ...
- math - This is an SAT prep question. Senai customized her bicycle by exchanging...
- math - The diameter of Sheree's bicycle wheel is 0.705 m. Caculate how many ...
- math - If A Bicycle Wheel Has A Diameter Of 27 Inches, Find The Radian Measure ...
- Precalc - 1. If a bicycle wheel has a diameter of 27 inches, find the radian ...