Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 18, 2007 at 12:40am.
An equation of the line tangent to the graph of y=(2x+3)/(3x-2) at the point (1,5) is...do I take the derivative of y=(2x+3)/(3x-2) to find the slope and then plug that into y-5=m(x-1)?
Calculus - Reiny, Sunday, November 18, 2007 at 1:30am
Calculus - Anonymous, Sunday, November 18, 2007 at 12:03pm
I took the derivative and got -10/(3x-2)^2. So...I plug in 1 in the x. Then, I get the slope to be -10. Finally I plug it in (1,5) and m=-10 to get y=-10x+15. Is that correct?
Calculus - Reiny, Sunday, November 18, 2007 at 2:55pm
check your derivative
I had y' = -13/(3x-2^2
so the slope would be -13
Calculus - qwerrtjdjdjswb, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 8:49pm
Calculus - Tim Tittles, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 8:54pm
I don't know. Why are you asking me?
Calculus - Remi, Monday, April 15, 2013 at 9:55pm
I believe the answer is y = -13x + 18. In the question I had, one of the choices was 13x + y = 18, which is what y = -13x + 18 equals. I got -13 for slope, then plugged it in to get y -5 = -13x + 13
Calculus - Kaitlin, Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 8:58am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Find the equation of the tangent line to the graph of f(x) = 2x − 6...
- Calculus derivative - find the slope m and an equation of the tangent line to ...
- calculus - 1. Which of the following expressions is the definition of the ...
- Calculus - Find the equation of the tangent line to the graph of f(x)= (8x^2-3...
- calculus - This is from our problem set. f(x)= 2(x^3)-3(x^2)-12x+20 write an ...
- calculus - I'm feeling pretty stupid right now because I can't remember how to ...
- Math (Calculus 121) - The derivative tells you the slope at any point. df/dx = 8...
- Calculus - The line y=2x+b is tangent to the graph of y=x^1/2 at the point P=(a...
- Math(Please help) - Write the equation of the tangent line for the curve y=x^3+...
- Calculus - Find the equation of the tangent to the graph of f(x)=2x^4 (to the ...