Posted by julie on Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 4:39am.
John, Jack, Joan and Jane are Art Critic, Aviator, Acrobat and Architect, though not necessarily in that order. The aviator, who is happily married, earns more than his sister, the art critic. Joan has never heard of “perspective”, John is a misogynist. Who is the architect?
sorry. there's no particular subject. it's a puzzle question - julie, Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 4:40am
i kind want to know how to figure this out.
trick question - Michael, Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 10:05am
Aviator - man (John or Jack)
Art Critic - woman (Joan or Jane)
Joan - not art critic ("perspective" is an art term)
John - misogynist (hates women, so not married)
Aviator - Jack
Art Critic - Jane
That leaves John and Joan. One is the acrobat, and one is the architect.
Let's rewrite the problem, substituting what we know in. Maybe that will help.
The aviator Jack, who is happily married, earns more than his sister, the art critic Jane. Joan has never heard of perspective, so she's not an art critic. John is a misogynist, so he's not married. Who is the architect?
Ahh... perspective is also an architectural term, so Joan is not the architect. That leaves her to be the acrobat, so John must be the architect.
trick question - bobpursley, Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 3:05pm
I am not certain that misogynist cannot be married. I know a few.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Joan of Arc/Ms. Sue - OK Ms. Sue I figured out some more! Are these correct: -...
- Joan of Arc Film/Ashley - Umm OK let's see so France is fighting England and ...
- Joan of Arc - Are these correct?: -France is fighting England and they are being...
- 12 data management - 3 oeople - john joan and kim throw a ball to each other. ...
- Art (Please Help!) - which art professional selects works for display and ...
- Physics :) - John and Joan walk in opposite directions around a circular path, ...
- Art - How do I critic Art?
- Math - Can you help me with my son's homework question: Maria earned $110, which...
- business math - Joan Roe Borrowed $85,000 at a rate of 113/4 percent. The date ...
- Art Appreciation (college level) - Art 101 (Art Appreciation) textbook (Gardener...