Posted by Alicia on Friday, November 16, 2007 at 8:20pm.
can someone check my answer for me please!
5x+6y=18 solve for y
college algebra - Reiny, Friday, November 16, 2007 at 8:22pm
college algebra - Michael, Friday, November 16, 2007 at 8:25pm
Close, except you have to subtract 5x from both sides. (You just subtracted 5 from the right side.)
5x + 6y = 18
Subtract 5x from both sides.
6y = 18 - 5x
Divide by 16
y = (18-5x)/6
or 3 - (5/6)x
All right. I think you must have done it correctly, and you just forgot your x in the second step. Good job. :)
college algebra - Michael, Friday, November 16, 2007 at 8:26pm
Oops... that should say...
6y = 18 - 5x
Divide by 6 (not 16).
college algebra - Alicia, Friday, November 16, 2007 at 11:32pm
okay so using y = (-5/6)x + 3 how do i find the corresponding value for y when x = 12?
college algebra - Michael, Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 2:13pm
Simply plug in 12 for x...
y = (-5/6)(12) + 3 = -10 + 3 = -7
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Please Solve: 4-x=-5 I thought the answer was -9 but that doesn't seem...
- Algebra 1 - Can someone please check my answers? Thank You 1) Find an equivalent...
- College Algebra - Can someone check my answer please? Find the corresponding y ...
- Algebra - Hello, can someone tell me if I got the following solve and check work...
- algebra - can someone check my answer please? Solve for indicated letter. b=8c ,...
- algebra - can someone please check my answer to this problem? solve for ...
- Algebra 2 (check) - I have some problems that I've answered and I need someone ...
- math - can someone check my answers approximately 4 out of 10 students at sonia'...
- CHECK MY ALGEBRA 2 - Write an equation that would have a hole at x = 4 and a ...
- Algebra 1A - could someone please help and check my answer thank you. simplify ...