Posted by Diane on Friday, November 16, 2007 at 1:59pm.
I need help with this one,I'm not sure what to do.
Suzy will pass critical thinking only if she begins to study.
Critical Thinking - Writeacher, Friday, November 16, 2007 at 2:23pm
The phrase "only if" indicates something conditional, doesn't it? If this happens, then that will happen.
I see a pronoun in here -- she. What word is its antecedent (comes before it, means the same person)?
What will be the consequence of the "only if" clause?
I'm not sure what's meant by the last two terms.
Critical Thinking - PsyDAG, Saturday, November 17, 2007 at 1:09pm
Contradictory: Suzy will fail critical thinking only if she begins to study. or
Suzy will pass critical thinking if she does not begin to study.
Contrapositive: Suzy will fail critical thinking if she does not begin to study.
This sentence seems to be both compound and conditional.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Critical Thinking - Can anyone tell me what the Contrapositive is for this ...
- Critical Thinking - Do I have this right? Jane or Tom will wake up Tanner this ...
- Critical Thinking - If anyone could please help me with this!!Jane or Tom will ...
- critical thinking - Consider the following: You have learned to think and write ...
- Critical Thinking - Consider the following conductive argument: P1. Critical ...
- Engish - I have a book on finding what you need for critical thinking as for as ...
- PHI 105 critical thinking and problem solving - explaining the relationship ...
- Critical thinking - Explain the relationship between informative, explanatory, ...
- critical thinking - why and how could you apply critical thinking when ...
- CRITICAL THINKING - Why and how could you apply critical thinking when ...