Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 3:53pm.
please check my answer thanks :)
What is this sentence missing and where ?
One day my dad and his brother stop me if you've heard this story started on what they thought would be an uneventful drive to work.
I thinks it's missing commas
English - Writeacher, Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 3:56pm
It's missing more than commas.
What phrase/clause can you remove to make the sentence flow smoothly? Before and after that phrase/clause that interrupts the sentence, you need dashes (make sure you don't use hyphens!).
English - GuruBlue, Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 3:58pm
Yes, definitely it is missing something.
In this case instead of using commas, I would use dashes. Parentheses can also be used .
One day my dad and his brother - stop me if you've heard this story - started on what they thought would be an uneventful drive to work.
English - Anonymous, Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 4:02pm
English - GuruBlue, Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 4:05pm
Glad to be of help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Which marks of punctuation would be appropriate to set off the ...
- Creative Writing. ms.sue - ok . here's the 2nd && 3rd paragraph: It was when I ...
- math - Two twin brothers each have two favorite sweat shirts that they wear ...
- english - How do you diagram the sentence, My dad is mean, he makes me do push ...
- E.L.A. PLEASE CHECK! - Choose the direct object(s), if any, in the sentence. A ...
- language arts - I'm writing a response to literature for the story Nadia the ...
- need help so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I'm writing a response to ...
- English - Write complete sentence if the statement is a complete sentence. Write...
- English - My class and I have to write a a-z story. It can be about anything. A-...
- Quick english help - Please check & see if I classified these sentences as ...