Posted by Anonymous on Friday, November 9, 2007 at 9:57am.
The Candle Shop -Annual Inventory of candles.
Jan 1 Beg Inventory 5,000 units @$0.89
Feb 15 Purchase 10,000 units @ $0.69
April purchase 2,000 units @ $1.09
July 15 purchase 4,000 units @ $ 0.99
________________________________________Oct 15 purchase 1,000 units @$1.19
________________________________________Dec 15 purchase 2,000 units @$1.09
Using the FIFO method of inventory pricing, what is the dollar value of ending inventory if there were 17,000 units on hand on Dec 31?
Someone please help this is very tough question I have know idea if you could show all your work and explian it to me thanks for your time
very hard math question please help - drwls, Friday, November 9, 2007 at 10:10am
The total number of units purchased was 24,000. Since there were 17,000 sold by Dec. 31, 7,000 were sold.
With FIFO (First In, First Out) accounting, the 7000 units sold would be the first 7000 bought, which would be 5000 at 0.89 and 2000 at 0.69 per unit. That cost would be $5830.
Subtract that amount from the total amount spent for inventory and you will have the dollar value of remainign inventory.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - what is the dollar value of ending inventory if there were 17,000 units ...
- Math please explian - You are the manager of The Candle Shop using the FIFO ...
- CONTEMPORARY MATH - HOW DID THEY GET THIS ANSWER? PHYSICAL INVENTORY OF PICTURE ...
- Math confused - Amy is the owner of The Candle Shop she uses the FIFO method for...
- math - Sara is the manager of The Candle Shop She uses the FIFO method of ...
- Business Math - Using the FIFO method of inventory pricing, what is the dollar ...
- please check my answer - please check my answer thanks :) You are the manager of...
- Business Finance - Using the FIFO method of inventory pricing, what is the ...
- Math - I have 2 questions involving inventory Question 1. Your a manager of an ...
- Accounting - Date Activities Units Acquired at Cost Units Sold at Retail Mar. 1...