Posted by Anonymous on .
Which sentence has a subject complement?
1. The nurse felt my pulse.
2. I felt much better.
3. The day ended with many surprises.
4. We can't leave without seeing her.
You need to learn how to do these for yourself. First of all, you need to know what the parts of speech are and how to recognize them:
You also need to post what YOU THINK the answer is whenever you post a question. Then we can tell if you are having a particular problem or not -- and how to help you best.
A subject complement follows a linking or sense verb.... The complement will either modify or be identical to the subject. Look at the word "felt" in the two sentences.... Which of those has a word following felt that describes the subject?
Linking verbs - am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been
Sense verbs - sounds, feels, smells, seems, etc.
Let me teach you how to learn to DO your own homework.
2. Use a google search and enter the words "subject complement"
3. Select a site that looks like it will explain this well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_complement (for example)
4. Go to that site and read the explanation carefully.
5. Now, make an educated guess as to which is the correct answer.
6. After you do that, we can HELP by explaining if you are not correct.