posted by Dannie .
1. Why must DNA be able to make copies of itself?
2. Define DNA replication?
3. What is the first step that must occur in DNA replication?
1. In order for a cell to reproduce it must copy its DNA to pass on its genetic information.
2.DNA replication is the process of duplicating the DNA to make 2 identical copies.
3.The first step of DNA replication is the separation of the 2 DNA strands.
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Here are some things on Replication of DNA:
2. (fun one = animated): http://www.johnkyrk.com/DNAreplication.html
3. (a Flash presentation): 22.214.171.124/pub/flash/24/menu.swf
4. (another animation): http://www.ncc.gmu.edu/dna/repanim.htm
5. (part II): http://www.ncc.gmu.edu/dna/replicat.htm
6. (single molecule): http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/D/DNAReplication.html