Posted by Emma on Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 1:25am.
The area of a rectangular field is 12,750 square yards. The width is 150 feet. What is the length of the field in yards.
- math - Reiny, Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 1:56am
Area = Length x Width
12750 = length(50) , 150 feet = 50 yards
length = 12750/50
- math - Ehelptutor, Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 11:14am
Area of rectangular field = 12750 square yards
Width = 150 feet
<< Find the length of the field in yards. >>
Your conversion factor: 3 feet = 1 yard
Width = 150 feet = 150/3 = 50 yards
Area = 12750 = L(50)
L = length of field = 12750/50
L = 255 yards
<< What is the length of the field in feet? >>
L = 255 yards * 3 feet/yard
L = 765 feet
< .What is the area of the field in square feet? >>
Since there are 3 feet in 1 yard, then there are 9 sq ft in 1 sq yard. Therefore,
12750 sq yards * 9 sq feet/sq yd = 114,750 sq feet
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The length of a rectangular field is 3 yards less than twice the width. ...
- math - the distance around a rectangular field is 340 yards. if the length of ...
- Algebra - If a football field's length is 120 yds. and its width is 53 1/3 yards...
- chs - A farmer has a rectangular field with a length of 30 yards and width of x ...
- math - Quinn used a scale drawing to build a soccer field near his school. ...
- Math - The perimeter of a rectangular field is 302 yards. If the length of the ...
- algebra - A soccer field has an area of 312 square yards. Its length is 2 yards...
- 8th grade math - What is the area.in square yards of a rectangular Field that is...
- algerbra 2 - the perimeter of the rectangular playing field is 462 yards. The ...
- math - the area of a rectangular field is 5301yd2 if the width of the field is ...