Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 7:35pm.
The question relates to application of sine functions.
Sunsets are later in the summer than in the winter. For planning a sunset dinner cruise through the 30 000 islands, the cruise planners may find the time, t, in hours (on a 24 hour clock) of the sunset on the nth day of the year using the equation (calculator needs to be in degree mode):
t = 1.75sin0.986(n-80)+18.43
Determine the time of the sunset on Shera's birthday of July 26, the 207th day of the year.
How do I solve this problem?
Do I need to graph the equation or can I just solve it from doing the calculation?
When I substitute 207 in the (n-80) and solve for it, I get 203.75
- Mathetmatics Application Problem - Need Help ASAP! - drwls, Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 7:53pm
n = 207 in this case. So the formula becomes
t = 1.75*sin (0.986*127)+18.43
= 1.75 *0.8169 + 18.41
= 19.84 hrs
= 19:50 militsry time = 7:50 PM
- Mathetmatics Application Problem - Need Help ASAP! - Anonymous, Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 7:58pm
Thanks, I just realized what I have done wrong... I forgot to multiple 1.75 with sin
- Argh!!!!! - Anonymous, Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 8:07pm
I keep getting 22.25
And before, I had my calculator in radian mode ... now I have it in degree mode
Answer this Question
- Math - need help ASAP!! Please! - The question relates to application of sine ...
- College Application - I am filling out a college application to a university in ...
- Business English - Which of the following statements most effectively applies ...
- Business Managment - Which of the following statements most effectively applies ...
- Question about college application - I had submitted a college application essay...
- computers - I need some help with creating a simple, but automatic site status (...
- visual basic net - Formula F=1.8 * C + 32 Create an application that displays a...
- Job application - I'm filling out an job application and need help on this ...
- math - describe an application for the use of ratios or portions. And describe ...
- Statistics - How is the statistical application of Pearson r used for ...