Posted by anonymous on Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 1:50pm.
The sentences below are based on Virginia Woolf's "The Duchess and the Jeweller." Circle the pronouns that are in the incorrect case and write the correct pronoun on the line. Write Correct if all pronouns have been used correctly.
1. Oliver Bacon had an expensive flat; its overlooked the Green Park.
2. Fortune seemed to smile on he.
3. He wore the finest clothes; they were made by some of the best tailors in London.
4. As the richest jeweller in England, him could afford to be a snob.
5. He probably would have looked down on you and I.
6. No doubt he would have sneered at us taste in clothes.
7. He was proud to have fought his way out of poverty.
8. His clients came from the upper ranks of the aristocracy; some of they were a litte afraid of he.
Incorrect: they, he
Correct: them, him
9. A duchess visited he to try to sell her jewels.
10. Oliver agreed to buy the jewels, even though he suspected their were fake.
Answer this Question
3 grade english ms sue - possessive pronouns direction circle the correct ...
grammar - you have to underline the incorrect pronoun in each sentence.Then ...
com 155 - • Write several sentences describing a recent interaction with a ...
English - Is the following sentence correct? if if the pronoun is incorrect ...
english pronoun - please help what is the pronoun in hte two sentneces below: ...
com 150 - what are subject-verb agreement, regular and irregular verbs, ...
Comprehensive grammer - subject verb agreement:have or has " " " -reqire or ...
grammar - Identify ALL nouns and pronouns in the following sentence. An = not a ...
grammar - Identify ALL nouns and pronouns in the following sentences. Pupils are...
Grammar (Ms. Sue) - Rewrite the sentences below that contain errors in pronoun-...