Posted by anonymous on Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 1:50pm.
The sentences below are based on Virginia Woolf's "The Duchess and the Jeweller." Circle the pronouns that are in the incorrect case and write the correct pronoun on the line. Write Correct if all pronouns have been used correctly.
1. Oliver Bacon had an expensive flat; its overlooked the Green Park.
2. Fortune seemed to smile on he.
3. He wore the finest clothes; they were made by some of the best tailors in London.
4. As the richest jeweller in England, him could afford to be a snob.
5. He probably would have looked down on you and I.
6. No doubt he would have sneered at us taste in clothes.
7. He was proud to have fought his way out of poverty.
8. His clients came from the upper ranks of the aristocracy; some of they were a litte afraid of he.
Incorrect: they, he
Correct: them, him
9. A duchess visited he to try to sell her jewels.
10. Oliver agreed to buy the jewels, even though he suspected their were fake.
Answer this Question
ENGLISH - These sentences below is about is how the Entrepenuers are making ...
English / Grammar - Please check the following sentences and let me know if they...
grammar - Grammar Exercise 3 To Be Distributed to Students in Week Five Rewrite ...
English / Grammar - I need help with the following grammar exercise. Rewrite the...
WRITING - Can you give me a example of a compound-complex sen. with two ...
GRAMMAR / ENGLISH - I need help with the following grammar exercise. Thank you ...
Grammar - Are these answers correct? Punctuation within SentencesóColon 1. The ...
fused sentence - The creature sat upright andtugged at the shackles binding his ...
English - Posted by rfvv on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 10:09pm. 1. He was based...
English grammar - The bar graph below show the TV viewing habits of Koreans. ...