Posted by Thano on Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 6:10am.
David Hassenzahl discusses the relative risks of eating peanut butter contaminated with aflatoxin and apple juice contaminated with UDMH, a degradation product of Alar, in the Power Point presentation in the Week Five, Module 5 Conference. The following Table shows his input data.
Variable Units Average 5th %ile 95th %ile Distribution
Peanut butter intake g/day 11.38 2.00 31.86 Lognormal
Apple juice intake g/day 136.84 16.02 430.02 Lognormal
Aflatoxin concentration ug/kg 2.82 1.00 6.5 Lognormal
UDMH concentration ug/kg 13.75 0.5 42.00 Lognormal
Aflatoxin potency kg-day/mg 17.5 4.02 28.33 Normal
UDMH potency kg-day/mg 0.49 0.00 0.85 Normal
a. Calculate the daily cancer risk for a child who weighs 20 kg and who eats an average amount of peanut butter
b. Do the same for a 20 kg child who drinks an average amount of apple juice.
NOTE: Daily cancer risk = Intake x Concentration x Potency / Body Weight
c. Calculate the maximum daily cancer risks for peanut butter and apple juice based on the 95th percentiles.
- human risk assessment - drwls, Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 6:35am
No Table is shown.
- human risk assessment - drwls, Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 6:49am
- human risk assessment - Thano, Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 6:53am
Is there anyway to upload a file?
- human risk assessment - bobpursley, Sunday, November 4, 2007 at 7:33am
No, not to this site. If you can upload or paste to another web site, you can referecne it here
www dot posted dot com / whateverfiles
We cant allow web addresses posted here, this is a child safe site.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- human risk assessment - David Hassenzahl discusses the relative risks of eating ...
- Environmental Science - David Hassenzahl discusses the relative risks of eating ...
- Environmental and Risk Management - David Hassenzahl discusses the relative ...
- chemistry - a sample of indium chloride is known to be contaminated with sodium ...
- Math - David uses 1/2 cup of apple juice for 1/4 cup of cranberry juice to make ...
- Chem - A water sample is suspected to be contaminated by iron (III) ions. How ...
- algerbra - Type of Cookie Adults Children Total Chocolate Chip 5 10 Peanut ...
- Logic - Situation 1: You have eight billiard balls. One of them is "defective," ...
- Math - A carton contains 1 8/9 liters of apple juice. Rosalia drinks 1/6 liter ...
- math - If half the batch of 6,000 vials are contaminated, what is the ...