Indicate whether each of the following pronouns (in parentheses) is demonstrative, interrogative, indefinites, or relative.
1. Was Macduff the one (who) discovered the murdered king?
2. (Who) else went to the king's chamber?
3. (Everyone) knows that Macduff went alone.
4. (That) may not be true.
5. (Many) may feel that the matter is not significant.
Underline the correct pronoun in each of the following sentences.
1. (Who, Whom) became king after the murder?
Whom incorrect; would you say, "Him became king..."?
2. Were (all, everyone) suspicious of Macbeth?
3. It was he (who, which) had most to gain.
4. (That, That there) is a certainty.
5. Banquo was the character (who, what) was in greatest danger.
Answer this Question
reading/english - Identify the pronouns(s)andin the following sentenceas ...
Grammar - A relative pronoun is a connector, and the most commonly used relative...
calculus - If g is a differentiable function such that g(x) is less than 0 for ...
differentiability - If g is a differentiable function such that g(x) is less ...
English - Homework Help Forum: English Posted by rfvv on Tuesday, March 29, 2011...
grammar - Indicate whether the following pronouns (in parentheses) are personal...
Grammar - I need help concerning relative pronouns. For example, I'll use this ...
English - Identify the word in bold type. Do you know someone who can fix a lamp...
English - Identify the word in bold type. THIS is the dog I was telling you ...
English - Identify the word in bold type. This is the dog I was telling you ...