Posted by anonymous on Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 9:15pm.
on a powerpoint, do you italicize or underline the title and subtitle of the book in question of the biography/ presentation?
for a tv show, do you underline, italicize, or put it in quotes?
grammar - christina, Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 9:48pm
books, magazines, newspapers, and movies are either underlined or italicized, while other titles (such as that of a tv show) are put in quotes. the former (books, magazines, newspapers, and movies) is generally italicized when written on the computer, but underlined when written by hand.
grammar - Writeacher, Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 9:53pm
It doesn't matter what program you're using -- PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, etc. What matters is the guidelines you've been told to follow.
MLA: (Broken Link Removed)
Books - italicize or underline, just be consistent
Television shows - in quotation marks
(Broken Link Removed)
Scroll down on the left for Chicago and CBE styles.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - Since I am supposed to write in MLA format, must I underline or ...
- grammar - do you underline or put in quotes the name of a book? What about it's ...
- PowerPoint - In my PowerPoint presentation, I am presenting a biography. The ...
- APA citation - I am unsure, with APA when you write the title of a book in text...
- english - If you are writing an essay about a narrative in your textbook, do you...
- Writing - In writing the title for a painting, shoulld I italicize, underline, ...
- grammar - do you underline book titles? or put them in quotes?
- English - How do I write a movie title in an essay? I am trying to write about ...
- grammar - do you always underline the name of a book or is it in quotations in ...
- Language - For each sentence, underline the action verb in the parentheses that ...