Posted by carly on Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 8:29pm.
Peter is reading a 103 page book. He has read three pages more than one fourth of the number of pages he hasn't yet read.
How many pages he has bot read?
Estimate how many days it will take Peter to finish the book if he reads about 8 pages per day.
I'm confused. I need help.
math - Sarah, Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 8:52pm
well he has read 28.75 pages from what I got figuring it out.
math - Sarah, Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 8:54pm
I estimate it would take him 9 and 3/8 days to finish the book at that rate:)
hope it helps
math - Reiny, Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 11:42pm
Let the number of pages he has read be x
then the number of pages not read is 103-x
"He has read three pages more than one fourth of the number of pages he hasn't yet read." -----> x-3 = 1/4(103-x)
4x-12 = 103-x
5x = 115
x = 23
He has read 23 pages.
103/8 = 12.875
So estimate it would take 13 days to read the books from the beginning.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Peter is reading a 193-book. He has three pages more than one fourth ...
- Math - Sam and his father are talking: Son how many pages are there in that book...
- math word problem(fraction) - Chris read 312 pages of a book at first.he read ...
- Math - Ms Lin has 6 hrs to finish a 400 page book. She has already read 150 ...
- Math Fractions - Warren read 1/6 of the pages of a book last Monday. Tuesday he ...
- math - Kenny`s book has 141 pages. He wants to read the same number of pages ...
- Math - Four classmates are comparing the number of pages that they have read in ...
- Math - Ty is reading a book that is 456 pages. In the last 11 days, he has read ...
- Math - This needs to be worked backwards. Four classmates are comparing the ...
- math - jimm read 42 pages of a book each day for 5 days on the next 3days he ...