Posted by Gavin on .
3 part question.
1. 4 peaches and 3 grapefruit cost £1.30. Write down an algebraic equation to illustrate this.
2. 2 peaches and 4 grapefruit cost £1.20. Write down an algebraic equation to illustrate this.
3. Find the cost of 3 peaches and 2 grapefruits
1. Let p = peaches and g = grapefruit.
Then 4p + 3g = #1.20(I can't write a pound sign on my computer so I wrote # be the pound sign).
2. You should be able to do 2 now.
3. For problem 3, you must solve the two equations set up in questions 1 and 2 simultaneously. Repost if you need help doing that.
yeah can you help me to put the two equations together? I did get the equations for the first two questions but don't know what to do with them to get the third.