Posted by Ang on Friday, October 26, 2007 at 10:33pm.
Can you please help me with the following log. problems? thanxs!
Solve the exponential equation. Use a calculator to obtain a decimal approximation, correct to two decimal places, for the solution.
7^x = 6^(x + 7)
this is how far I got: x log 7/x log 7= x+7 log 6/log 7, I am not too sure what to do next.
Solve the logarithmic equation. Be sure to reject any value that is not in the domain of the original logarithmic expressions. Give the exact answer.
log9 11 + log9 x = 1 ( I dont understand what to do)
log3(x + 5) = 2 + log3(x - 1) (For this problem I know I have to combine 2(x-1), but I dont know what to do next)
log10(x - 30) = 3 - log10 x (For this problem, I thought about solving it like x-30=3x, but I tried that I didnt get the answer I was suppose to)
- Logs. - drwls, Saturday, October 27, 2007 at 1:58am
Please limit yourself to one question per post. Here is how to do two of them
2. log9 11 + log9 x = 1
(log9 means log to base 9)
log9 (11x) = 1 = log9 9
(The log to any base of the base itself is 1)
11x = 9
x = 9/11
3. log3(x + 5) = 2 + log3(x - 1)
log3 [(x+5)/(x-1)] = 2 = log3 (9)
(since 3^2 = 9, log3 9 = 2)
(x+5)/(x-1) = 9
x+5 = 9x - 9
Now solve for 9
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Solve the exponential equation. Use a calculator to obtain a decimal ...
- Math-PLEASE HELP!! - I have two questions That I need help with please!! 1. ...
- pre-calculus - solve the following logarithmic equation. be sure to reject any ...
- College Algebra - 4 + 5^6x = 8 (a) Find the exact solution of the exponential ...
- pre-calculus - solve the exponential equation. express the solution in terms of ...
- Math - Find the exact solution, using common logarithms, and a two-decimal-place...
- college algebra - write the expression as a single logarithm 1. In(x/x*2)+In(x+2...
- Math - Do the following. (a) Write the expression in terms of natural logarithms...
- College Algebra - Problem: Use Common or Natural Logarithims to solve the ...
- math - round result to two decimal places...the answer i have is: 7.023 so two ...