Posted by madison on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 7:28pm.
how do u set up the lewis structure for H30+?
i know the available electrons is 3 but it has a +1 so it makes ir 2??
chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 7:32pm
It's really tough to draw Lewis structures on these boards but here is a try. If it doesn't work I'll try to describe it.
chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 7:34pm
That looks pretty good to me EXCEPT that I left a H at the very bottom. Hope it helps.
chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 7:36pm
You need to add an H to the bottom. No more electrons are necessary.
chemistry - tay, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 7:38pm
thank you but the set up for the total valance electrons is confusing?
chemistry - tay, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 7:39pm
i have this same homework problem
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Identify the true statement about Lewis structures. Select all the ...
- CHEM - the number of nonbonding electrons exceeds the number of bonding ...
- Chemistry - For a lab experiment we have to draw the lewis structures of ...
- chemistry - state noble gas whose electron configuration is attained in a lewis ...
- Chemistry.. - For the lewis structure of BCl3, does it have a total of 24 ...
- Chemistry - In the Lewis structure for SF4, there are: a. 12 electrons ...
- chemistry, - ,I NEED TO DRAW A LEWIS STRUCTURE for C2n2,cyanogen,and to state ...
- chemistry - THe thiocyanate ion acts as a Lewis base, donating a pair of ...
- Chem - How would a Lewis Dot Structure be drawn for CO +1? I can't seem to get ...
- Chemistry Lewis Structure - What is the lewis structure for In+? I have tried ...