Posted by julie on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 12:29pm.
hi i need help coming up with topics for my argumentative essay.
we can't write about topics such as abortion and gay rights and marriages like that.
my teacher said to pick local issues in our town to write about. but there are no topics in my town to write about.
should i write about roads or about the community. i don't know where to start so i was wondering if you can tell me
what topics would you choose from the town or city you are living in? like pretend u are writing the essay
then after looking at ur answer, i'll have an idea on what to look for on topics around where i live.
- my topic. students, please post ur opinion too. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 12:39pm
Some of the issues in my are:
money for schools, including tax increases and bond issues
profiling by the police of young African-American men
homeless rights -- Should they have the right to sleep overnight in a public park downtown?
Look through the last week or so of your local newspaper. What have the subjects of editorials and letters to the editor been?
- my topic. students, please post ur opinion too. - Writeacher, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 12:40pm
Newspapers are probably going to be your best source of ideas -- whether from a local paper or a national one.
Here you can search for newspapers all over the world. You can start by selecting your state and go from there, if you wish.
Remember that all argumentative essays have to have more than one side (and many times more than two!) to them. You don't want to choose a topic that others already agree with -- that's not argumentative!!
- my topic. students, please post ur opinion too. - GuruBlue, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 12:44pm
Some of the topics in this town are should immigrants be allowed to get drivers licenses. Should we increase the sales tax to pay for road improvement in the county.
- my topic. students, please post ur opinion too. - Jose, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 12:54pm
What about crime in your neighborhood? Police reports would be great, and even interviewing the sheriff would be great.
- my topic. students, please post ur opinion too. - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 2:35pm
- my topic. students, please post ur opinion too. - , Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 3:34pm
Argue the right of students to have freedom choice of subjects.
Answer this Question
- English help - I need to write research paper and I trying to find topic to ...
- English - I need a list of essay topics for an arguement essay? It doesnt have ...
- Help finding a good speech topic - I am going to be giving an informative speech...
- PROBABILITY - The list of 16 topics was given to students to prepare for exam. ...
- english - please help me writing an essay as described below. topic is provided ...
- English - I need to write an essay in which i have to state a generalization and...
- english - i have to write an argumentative research paper about a big topic ...
- Alg2 - For a college application, Macawi must select one of five topics on which...
- COM 220 - I have to post a topic for my final project to be accepted by my ...
- Essay Topic (Synthesis) - Is the topic of Immigration Reform in the United ...