Posted by John on Monday, October 22, 2007 at 8:13am.
1. I found that the printing states were so bad.
2. On account of linking sounds(liaisons), we can not hear what is said sometimes.
Are linking sounds and liaisons grammatical? Are Sentence 1 and Sentence 2 all correct?
- English composition - Writeacher, Monday, October 22, 2007 at 8:19am
In #1 -- you need to complete the thought. The "printing states were so bad" that _______________________. What was the result?
In #2, I don't know what you mean by either "linking sounds" or "liaisons" nor do I understand why the latter is in parentheses.
Also "On account of" needs to be changed to "Because of" -- it's less slangy!
- English composition - John, Monday, October 22, 2007 at 8:26am
1. I found that the printing states were so bad that I decided to return the books.
2. Linking soudes are as follows.
e.g. I like him.
In this sentence 'like him' is pronounced linking sound.
Thank you for your help.
- English composition - Writeacher, Monday, October 22, 2007 at 8:58am
Ok, now for more questions:
1. What are "printing states"??
2. I still don't understand what you mean by linking sounds.
Could these be what you mean??
1. I found that the printing in the books was so bad that I decided to return them.
2. Because of other sounds around us, we couldn't always understand what was said.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...
- English - Identify the verbs and verb phrases in the following sentences. Then, ...
- English - linking, transitive, and intransitives verbs? would the sentence "the ...
- English Expressions - 1. Paying attention to the linking mark, listen carefully...
- Grammar - Is this a correct sentence using a linking verb? My dog Sam is in the ...
- Language - Identify the verbs and verb phrases in the following sentences. Then...
- linking verbs - Is were a linking verb in this sentence? The chidren ...
- linking verbs - what is the linking verb conecting in the sentence: In daylight...
- English Expression - 1. Paying attention to "linking", listen carefully. 2. Mark...
- English - I have a few question on linking verbs: 1. I am fond of both kinds of ...