1. the book had some nice features, such as: a hard-bound cover, a ribbon for a bookmark, and the author's signature. Capitalize the first letter of the sentence; delete the colon (no punctuation is needed there).
2. German grammar is simple: in that language, there are no exceptions to the rules. Capitalize the first letter after the colon; you do this when it's an independent clause following the colon.
3. Her daughter went on a diet that consisted of all fast food: Hamburgurs, hot dogs, and french fries. Lower case letter after the colon (not an independent clause after the colon), capital "F" on "French."
4. The little boy handed Santa a list that said he wanted: a truck, a train, and a million dollars. correct
5. Her mind flew so quickly-she had so much to remember-that she forgot to stop at the light. You neet dashes in those two places, not hyphens. http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/dash.htm
6. The gardner-took the hoe and the shovel-and began to plant the flowers. Remove both hyphens; no extra punctuation is needed in this sentence.
7. You will need to write both short-and long-term goals. correct
8. The president-elect of the rotary club had the winning ticket.
9.Please buy three half gallon containers of ice cream for the party. Read about hyphens above, and then decide where the one hyphen should go in this sentence.
10. the ill defined terms somehow were not clear to her. Capitalize the first letter of the sentence; read about hyphens above; this sentence needs one hyphen.
11. The police officer checked her rear-view mirror when she heard the screeching tires. (someone had rear-ended her the night before). The first part is OK, but within the parentheses there's a sentence; what corrections do you need to make to the sentence?
12. You should be able to complete your program in two (2) years. OK
13. The textbook had recently been revised.(the last revision took place in 1921.) See #11 above.
A bleeping sound came from his pocket it was his mobile phone signalling he would have to respond right away wouldnt he
can you help me punctuate this sentence?
#7 is correct as it is.