Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 5:45pm.
a 12V , 3A motor takes 120 minutes to do a certain job. a 120V, 8A motor takes 5 minutes to do the same job. Which motor uses the least energy and by how much?
- science - bobpursley, Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 6:59pm
where energy is in Joules.
- science - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 1:51am
Power of the motor P = 3.8hp
Motor is 90% efficient.
Therefore Power absorbed by the motor is (2834.8W)/(0.9) =3150W
But power P = V I
then current in the motor I =(3150W)/(120V)
Energy delivered to the motor E = P*t
= 4.536 *107J
(c) E = (3150W)(4h)
Therefore cost to run the motor for 4h is(12.6kWh)($0.16/kWh)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - Please help me on my science homework....Motor A uses 1000 joules of ...
- algebra - The power (P) required to run a motor is equal to the voltage (E) ...
- physics - A 120-V motor has mechanical power output of 2.20 hp. It is 92.0% ...
- physics - A 120-V motor has mechanical power output of 3.20 hp. It is 81.0% ...
- Physics - A 120-V motor has mechanical power output of 2.00 hp. It is 82.0% ...
- science - A 750w motor might also be rated as a 0.5horsepower motor 1 horsepower...
- Physics - An electric motor runs at a constant rotational frequency of 3000 r/...
- physics - An electric motor runs at a constant rotational frequency of 3000 r/...
- Physics - A diagram represents a simplified sketch of an electric DC motor.which...
- physics - A box that weighs 725 N is lifted a distance of 20.0 m straight up by ...