Posted by Miche on Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 3:55pm.
What is the difference between premier and premiere? Is it depend on masculine and feminine of the noun? How about deuxieme, is there a difference between masculine and feminine?
- French - SraJMcGin, Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 5:18pm
Bon samedi, Miche! Oui, tu as l'idée! = Yes, you have the idea. premier livre = first book (because le livre is masculine, the adjectival form is premier) but première maison = first house (because la maison is feminine and now the adjectival form is feminine too, or première.)
All adjectives depend TOTALLY upon the number (singular or plural) and gender (masculine or feminine) of the noun modified.
With deuxième there is only one singular form, as with troisième, quatrième, etc. The only one to worry about is "first" or premier/première.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Quick French - Just checking if my articles are correct. le stade (masculine ...
- italian - is cappuccino masculine or feminine is giorno masculine or feminine
- for SraJMcGin (french) - Last time you said you would give me a list of ...
- French 1 - Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. REWRITE means ...
- French - Is magazine de vêtements masculine or feminine?
- French - Is the word 'maths' masculine or feminine?
- French - Does anybody speak French?Because I need help in it? post your question...
- French for Mischa - DEFINITE & INDEFINITE ARTICLES: The definite article "THE" ...
- french - is stockings in french masculine or feminine?
- french - How do you differentiate the prepositions for bodies of water. I know ...