Posted by sasha on Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 9:01pm.
a student wants to get an average of 80 on the 5 tests to earn an A grade.on the 4 test he gets 79, 88,64,78. how much should he score on the 5th test so that he gets this average of 80?
- math ( average) - Reiny, Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 9:10pm
(79+88+64+78+newtest)/5 = 80
solve for "newtest"
- math ( average) - sasha, Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 9:18pm
still dont get it
- math ( average) - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 9:53pm
Check my answer below.
- math ( average) - Emily, Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 9:11pm
Let's say the score of the 5th test her is x. To get an average of something, you add everything up and divide by the number of numbers (in this case, tests), right? So, this is how you would set this one up:
------------- = 80
Can you solve the rest?
- math ( average) - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 9:13pm
The student needs a total of 400 points on 5 tests to get an average of 80.
He has a total of 309 on the first four tests. What score does he need on the fifth test to bring his total up to 400?
- math ( average) - Anonymous, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 3:38pm
- math ( average) - Jeremiah, Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 10:02pm
What is the next step after adding and dividing?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math 208 - Grade Average A student scores 65 and 82 on two different 100-point ...
- Algebra 1 - In order to earn an A in a class, your test scores must average at ...
- math - A math teacher calculates grades as follows:Grade=[2 test averages+quiz ...
- math - To get a C in physics, a student must score an average of 70 on four ...
- Math - To get an A in psychology, a student must score an average of 90 on four ...
- algebra - to pass a course with an A grade, a student ,must have an average of ...
- Math - In your class, you have scores of 73,85,76, and 92 on the first ...
- Pre Algebra - In Wilbur's math class, his grade is based on the average score of...
- programming - Professor Merlin has asked you to help him. He has 5 students who ...
- Math - An instructor gives regular 20-point quizzes and 100-point exams in a ...