Posted by Lacey on Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 9:55pm.
I'm working on a couple of SAT math programs for school, and I have trouble figuring some out.
1. Joe is 3 years younger than Kate. If n represents Nora's age now, what was Kevin's age 4 years ago, in terms of n?
A. N + 7
B. N + 1
C. N - 1
D. N - 4
E. N - 7
2. If (x + y)^2 - (x - y)^2 = 84 and x and y are positive integers, which of the following could be a value of x + y?
Thanks so much in advance!
SAT Math? - bobpursley, Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 10:02pm
1. Not possible to solve. Too many kids named.
2. You have a diference of two squares, it factors to (x+y-x+y)(x+y+x-y) which reduces to 2y*2x=4xy or then solve for x,y
xy=21 and 7 and 3 fit that real nicely.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- SAT Math... again - I asked two questions yesterday, and thankfully, bobpursley ...
- Algebra - Kevin, Kyle, and Joe are brothers joe is 4 years younger than kyle and...
- Math - joe is x years old and is 25 year older than his son Brian who is y years...
- Math - The age of ramesh and rahim are in the ratio 5:7. If ramesh was a years ...
- Math - How many years old is a person if her age now is equal to her age in 3 ...
- Math - Ralph's age is currently 3 years more than twice joe's age. But 3 years ...
- vivekanand H s SCHOOL - the difference of ages between 2 sisters is 10 years, 15...
- math - Four brothers in one family have a combined age of 39 years. Alan is ...
- Math - 2x represents that Clyde is twice (2 times) as old as Bonnie. 6 years ...
- Math - John is now 10 years older than Marcus. Three times Johns age 5 years ...