Posted by Niki on Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 11:58pm.
I don't understand how to find the maximum and minimum.
Determine whether the given quadratic function has a minimum value or maximum value. Then find the coordinates of the minimum or maximum point.
15.f(x) = -x2 + 2x - 4
20.f(x) = 2x2 - 4x
19.f(x) = x2 - 2x + 1
30.f(x) = -3x2 - 3x
Algebra- Maximum and minimum. - Reiny, Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 1:29am
#15 and #30 open downwards, so they have a maximum
#20 and #19 open upwards, so they have a minimum.
change the equations to the form
f(x) = a(x-h)^2 + k by completing the square
You should have learned how to do this, and read the vertex from that form.
Algebra- Maximum and minimum. - jones, Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 2:56am
what are the maximum value and minimum value of (x)=12sin(2x-2pi/3)-5l+3
Algebra- Maximum and minimum. - butt face, Monday, November 28, 2011 at 6:09pm
2x2- 16x+4= i do not know
Algebra- Maximum and minimum. - Anonymous, Friday, September 23, 2016 at 5:03pm
Find the minimum and maximum possible areas of a rectangle measuring 2 km by 5 km.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maximum and Minimum - Its been awhile since I have done compleating the square, ...
- ALGEBRA - Determine whether the quadratic function has a minimum or maximum ...
- math - Determine whether the given quadratic function has a minimum value or ...
- algebra - determine the given quadratic function has a minimum valueor maximum ...
- math - I'm having some troubles with these. Thanks in advance. If a>0 find ...
- algebra - given the following quadratic equation, determine if it has a maximum ...
- calculus - Find the absolute extrema of the function (if any exist) on each ...
- Algebra2 - Complete parts a – c for each quadratic function: a. Find the y-...
- math - Maximum or minimum values of the function f(x) = (1 – x)^2 e^x is: i need...
- calculus - there are no examples of this type of problem in my book so if you ...