Posted by Fred on Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 5:46pm.
Please can someone help me with this question?
By official definition, true wilderness is a roadless area with roads only built to its edges. Name some specific wilderness areas that fit this definition.
- science - elizabeth, Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 6:04pm
yellow stone national?
- science - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 6:05pm
Isle Royale in northern Michigan is one.
(Broken Link Removed)
This site has a map showing wilderness areas in the U.S.
- science - Fred, Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 6:14pm
Elizabeth, I've been to Yellowstone and I'm pretty sure it has roads throughout it.
Ms. Sue, do all of those places in the map really not have any roads in them, but only to the edges?
- science - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 6:17pm
Note there are only a few places designated "wilderness." I'm sure Isle Royale doesn't have roads. Click on some of the other dark green areas on the map to find more information about individual wilderness areas.
It's possible that Grand Canyon has some wilderness areas without roads.
- science - Fred, Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 7:07pm
Are humans allowed to go to Isle Royale?
I don't think I'll be able to find whether or not there are roads at the dark green areas.
- science - Fred, Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 11:25am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew any places that are true wilderness...
- Science - What's the vocabulary word for the definition (activities such as ...
- Literature - the jar in "Anecdote of the Jar" can be seen as a metaphor for a. ...
- science - Hi. One of my science vocab words is paradigm. The definition is a ...
- crt - To introduce an unusual or unfamiliar word, to coin new words, or to ...
- science - Trees are renewable resources, aren't they? Because when people cut ...
- algebra - A private plane traveled from Seattle to the rugged wilderness at a ...
- Correct grammer - Pick the correct answer which corrects the underlined portion ...
- Science - Can someone please give me a SIMPLE definition of metabolism. I've ...
- Math - A private plane traveled from Seattle to a rugged wilderness at an ...