Posted by Kellie on Friday, October 12, 2007 at 7:54pm.
Use the following genotypes to answer the question.
N= big nose
n= small nose
B= big nostril
b= small nostrl
H= hairy face
h= no hairy face
Z= zits on the nose
z= no zits on the nose
If two parents who are heterozygous for all the traits were 'crossed', what are the chance of getting a child with this genotype: NnBBHhXXZz?
Can someone do the problem then explain to me how you would do this? I've tried but i dont know if my answer is right
- Science:Biology - bobpursley, Friday, October 12, 2007 at 10:20pm
Lets do the sex gene first.
XX+ XY. The probabality of getting XX is 1/2
Nn+Nn = NN nn Nn nN so probability is 1/2
BB probability is 1/4 (BB, Bb, bB, bb)
Hh prob is 1/2
Zz prob is 1/2
Now multiply them all
(1/2)4 * (1/4)1
check my thinking and math.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English expression - He has big ears, a small nose and a small mouth...
- Biology - 1) The nose has small __________. 2) Hairs in the nose trap __________...
- Biology - i asking question for my sister again how r gene combina tions ...
- maths - Scenario: There is a bus with 7 girls inside, Each girl has 7 bags, ...
- biology - f you mate a hairy ear rimmed female with a normal male what are the ...
- Math - Mrs tan baked some muffins and packed them i big and small boxes for sale...
- math - in a big right triangle with a small right triangle inside of it. C is ...
- English - I left out the following adjectives. Can you please check them, too? 1...
- English expression - 1. How many are there in Mi-na's family? There are five in ...
- Math - Two small arrays have neen conbined to make a big arraay. What are the ...