Posted by GranMa Cee on Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:10pm.
I'm a GranMa in my 60's trying to learn Word/Windows. I started with the 2nd course and have had only this one problem in 3 weeks so that is good. I don't think the answer to my problem is in the book for THIS course.
I can't figure out how to use the commands with the underlined letters like File, Open... I know all the OTHER ways to open a file but I have to know this one as well.
Can you help me?
Word Processing - Writeacher, Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:14pm
In a Word document, click on the word File in the top left corner, and that menu should appear. Then click on Open and a box appears that allows you to wander around in the folders and files on the computer. Once you find the one you want, click on it and hit Open -- or simply double-click on it.
Other ways to do this are with Ctrl + O
by clicking on File and opening one of the files listed at the bottom of that menu (if you want to open a very recently used one)
by using the Start | Documents list.
Word Processing - GranMa Cee, Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:19pm
Thank you, Writeacher. This was my first time to use this resource.
I knew all the methods but the one with Ctrl + O...
Is Ctrl + used with ALL the options across the toolbars to accomplish the tasks indicated by the underlined letter? (Not sure if that question is clear.)
Again... Thank you from GranMa Cee
Word Processing - GranMa Cee, Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:23pm
Evidently that is not the key... I tried with with Ctrl + I and got italics instead of Insert. So maybe my question should be... where can I find a copy of all the key combinations to activate those words with underlined letters in them.
Thanks.... GranMa Cee
Word Processing - Writeacher, Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:44pm
In those drop-down menus (File, Edit, etc.), you'll know when you see a Ctrl + shortcut -- you'll see Ctrl = K (or whatever) across from the command itself.
Ctrl + C = copy
Ctrl + X = cut
Ctrl + V = paste
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Do you know of a good website that can help me with word problems? I want...
- keyboarding and word processing - do anyone have the correct answer to exam ...
- another algebra word problem - okay guys, just one more word problem. and i don'...
- math-ms sue please - Ms Sue thank you for the help with my other word problem ...
- Math word problem - I have this word problem that I can't figure out. The ...
- word processing - How do you merge documents (from a table into a word document ...
- MLA style - If i have to write a 1500 word research paper on MLA style. Can the ...
- Physics - I'm trying to help my 7th grader with homework and I don't know this ...
- I CAN'T THINK OF A WORD- PLEASE HELP!!! - I can’t think of the word- please help...
- algebra - trying to solve a point a slope word problem. you are scheduled to ...