Posted by GranMa Cee on Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:10pm.
I'm a GranMa in my 60's trying to learn Word/Windows. I started with the 2nd course and have had only this one problem in 3 weeks so that is good. I don't think the answer to my problem is in the book for THIS course.
I can't figure out how to use the commands with the underlined letters like File, Open... I know all the OTHER ways to open a file but I have to know this one as well.
Can you help me?
- Word Processing - Writeacher, Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:14pm
In a Word document, click on the word File in the top left corner, and that menu should appear. Then click on Open and a box appears that allows you to wander around in the folders and files on the computer. Once you find the one you want, click on it and hit Open -- or simply double-click on it.
Other ways to do this are with Ctrl + O
by clicking on File and opening one of the files listed at the bottom of that menu (if you want to open a very recently used one)
by using the Start | Documents list.
- Word Processing - GranMa Cee, Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:19pm
Thank you, Writeacher. This was my first time to use this resource.
I knew all the methods but the one with Ctrl + O...
Is Ctrl + used with ALL the options across the toolbars to accomplish the tasks indicated by the underlined letter? (Not sure if that question is clear.)
Again... Thank you from GranMa Cee
- Word Processing - GranMa Cee, Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:23pm
Evidently that is not the key... I tried with with Ctrl + I and got italics instead of Insert. So maybe my question should be... where can I find a copy of all the key combinations to activate those words with underlined letters in them.
Thanks.... GranMa Cee
- Word Processing - Writeacher, Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:44pm
In those drop-down menus (File, Edit, etc.), you'll know when you see a Ctrl + shortcut -- you'll see Ctrl = K (or whatever) across from the command itself.
Ctrl + C = copy
Ctrl + X = cut
Ctrl + V = paste
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- word processing - How do you merge documents (from a table into a word document ...
- keyboarding and word processing - do anyone have the correct answer to exam ...
- MLA style - If i have to write a 1500 word research paper on MLA style. Can the ...
- I CAN'T THINK OF A WORD- PLEASE HELP!!! - I canít think of the word- please help...
- another algebra word problem - okay guys, just one more word problem. and i don'...
- algebra - trying to solve a point a slope word problem. you are scheduled to ...
- Economics - You have opened your own word processing service. You have already ...
- GED-Word Problems - Helen is taking a word processing class 2 nights a week for ...
- Business Education - Explain what is meant in word processing by text wraparound...
- WORD PROCESSING - THE CENTER PAGE COMMAND IS ACCESSED THROUGH WHAT MENU? It ...