Posted by krislin on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 4:18pm.
the name of the god who guarded the canopic jar?
language - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 4:27pm
This site names several goddesses who guarded the canopic box.
This site names four gods who guarded the contents of canopic jars.
language - GuruBlue, Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 4:29pm
Baboon y`n - The dog-headed baboon was one of the manifestations of both Thoth, god of writing, and Khonsu, the youthful moon god. Both deities were related to the moon. Hapy, the son of Horus who guarded the canopic jars that held the lungs, had the head of a baboon. There was also a baboon god in the Early Dynastic period named Hedjwer, 'The Great White One', who became closely linked with Thoth. Sometimes Thoth was shown in baboon form, perched on top of the scales of judgement in the underworld.
language - Erik, Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 4:33pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - what was the name of the god who guarded the livers canopic jar
- mummy's - the name of the god who gaurded the liver's canopic jar? I think you'...
- English - I need to know the phonetic spelling of the name of the African God ...
- algebra - Which jar of peanut butter is the best buy? How do I calculate this? A...
- math - The ratio of the number of mints in Jar A to that in Jar B was 8 : 5. ...
- World History - What is the name of the hindu god that is "the god of students"?
- essay - God is essential to the existence of Immaculee in Left to Tell.God is ...
- Algebra - A jar of change has 28 coins which is worth $2.60. If the jar only has...
- History: Mayan - What was the Mayan name for the Jaguar God of the Underworld? ...
- world history - 11. Which of the following is not one of the new thoughts of or ...