Posted by Mike on Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 2:41am.
IRPCS - Vessel over 100m aground in fog - sound signals.
IRPCS does not make it clear, it seems open to interpretation.
3 strokes of bell/bell 5s/gong 5s/3 strokes of bell
3 strokes of bell/bell 5s/3 strokes of bell/gong 5s
- Nautical Studies - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 7:23am
Three bells (I am Aground)
rapid bells for five seconds
Three bells (I am arground)
That is what I remember. I couldn't find it online, and most of my references have been boxed away.
- Nautical Studies - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 10:43am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. On the first site you can test your knowledge!
2. (rules from U.S. Coast Guard, Alexandria, VA. Go to D & E for rule 35): (Broken Link Removed)
3. (Broken Link Removed)
- Nautical Studies - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 10:54am
That clarified it to me. If you are aground, three bells, rapid ringing, three bells.
If you are aground and have dropped an anchor, you add the gong. You can add the whistle.
When one is aground, in a ship of over 100ft, life is complicated. Make as much noise as you can, in Fog. One doesn't want to add to the woes.
Thank God for GPS, radar, and radios.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- physics 20 - Mr. Smith is standing 50m from a large bell. With his mighty ...
- geography - I couldn't find where bell lived and worked when i googled bell. ...
- Physics - Fluids - A cylindrical diving bell 3.0 m in diameter and 4 m tall with...
- Physics - A cylindrical diving bell 4.0m tall, with an open bottom, is lowered ...
- dog behavior - please check my answer thanks In Pavlov's experiment with the ...
- math - a deep sea diving bell is being lowered at a constant rate. after 8 ...
- Physics - A cylindrical diving bell 5 m in diameter and 10 m tall with an open ...
- physics - Using the circuit for an electric bell, a) Explain why the bell won't ...
- physics - Using the circuit for an electric bell, a) Explain why the bell won't...
- Physics - . A rock thrown horizontally at a large bell 57.0 m away is heard to ...