posted by claire on .
Which ones apply to a solution ? i thought it was 2,6,7 and 8
1. Does not settle on standing
2. scatters light
3. can separate when allowed to stand
4. contains only fixed amts of components
5. Often appears cloudy
6. components do not lose their own properties
7. looks the same throughout
8. Amounts of diff components may vary
1 is correct.
2. Solutions don't scatter light since there are no solid particles present to scatter it. Colloidal solutions scatter light.
I think 6 is incorrect. For example, HCl is a gas and bonding is covalent; however, it reacts with water when dissolved in water to form H3O^+ and Cl^-
7 is true. 8 is true.