Posted by Samantha on Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 8:11pm.
What is the Least Common Multiple (LCM) of 78 and 104?
Math ... HELP!!!!! - Writeacher, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 8:14pm
Multiply 78 x 104. Then, since these two are even numbers, divide the answer by 2 and test it out. Can BOTH of your original numbers be divided into it? If not, then that's your LCM. If so, try dividing it by 2 and testing it out again.
Math ... HELP!!!!! - Ekridge, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 8:23pm
Or you could multiply your bigger number, 104, and see if 78 goes into the multiples of it. For example, 104(3)= 312. Does 78 go into 312 evenly? That's a guess-and-check method, I think, but it worked.
Math ... HELP!!!!! - jenna, Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 8:01pm
Find the factors of 78 and 104,what is a factor that is the same number on each? That is the answer!:-)
Math ... HELP!!!!! - K.C, Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 8:47pm
List all the mulipltes for both number until you reacha number that is the same for both number. That will be your LCM. Example 12=12,24,36* 2=2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24 26 28 30 32 34 36*. As you can see 36 apperas on both 12 and 2 so the LCM is 36. Hope this helps!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II - Our current assignment is to find the LCM, Least Common Multiple of...
- math - I don not understand how to do least common mutiples. Can I please get ...
- 5th grade math - what is the least common multiple The least common multiple is ...
- MATH - HOW DO LEAST COMMON MULTIPLES WORK. IT SAYS THERE IS A PROBLEM TO SOLVE ...
- Algebra I - **Match each word or phrase w/ its definition** Word Bank: A) least ...
- Math - If you have 78 and 104 what is the Least Common Multiples or (LCM)
- algebra - how would i find least common multiple of 20, 50 and 3 ? okay well you...
- Math 7 grade - So this is the question The number 108 is the LCM(least common ...
- Math - Find the least common multiple (LCM) of 10 and 6 . Answer =30
- Math - Find the least common multiple (LCM) for each of the following groups of ...