Posted by Gina on Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:35pm.
You said that "line of duty" has a money value to it. Im using the phrase "line of duty" for a WW1 essay. Was there any money value involved then? And would it be the right to use "line of duty" in my essay if there was no money value involved for soliders during WW1?
- History For bobpursley - Gina, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:42pm
Was there really? Because the movies that I say for WW1 were basically untrained men dying by the minute in the war and their bodies were through in ditches or sometimes coffins. With over 15 million people dead in WW1 how would they keep track of benefits. The only thing I've seen is that if you were injured in that war, that you would go to a hospital and if you had an amputation then you were sent home. What were te benefits?
- History For bobpursley - Writeacher, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:46pm
I went to www.google.com and searched for wwi soldiers compensation, and here are the results:
You can try additional searches; perhaps changing the search words will get additional results.
- History For bobpursley - Gina, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:49pm
- History For bobpursley - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:51pm
The government has paid money (benefits) to injured veterans and the families of those who died in U.S. wars since the Revolutionary War. A great uncle of mine was injured during WWI and received enough money from the government to buy a resort in northern Minnesota.
Although WWI had a lot of casualties, most were Europeans. Our military deaths numbered less than 117 thousand.
Check these sites.
- History For bobpursley - Gina, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:53pm
- History For bobpursley - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:56pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Comman Sense - There is this one term phrase when a solider dies while serving ...
- written communication - I need help writing a positive message to the supervisor...
- chemistry *Poorly defined commonly used question - "Why are active on-duty ...
- algebra - why is the graph of an inverse flipped over the line y=x instead of ...
- hippa - define to duty to report in healthcare cconfidentiality and why is this ...
- business law - Does a minor's duty of restitution supercedes duty of restoration...
- macroeconomics - a. If the face value of a coin exceeds the cost of coinage, the...
- Philosophy - Ethics - I'm trying to write a 2-3 paged essay about a topic that ...
- value of money - At 16% compounded quarterly, how long would it take for money ...
- english essay, please help me to correct. - can you help to correct my answer ...