Posted by stephanie on Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 12:11pm.
A penny is dropped from the observation deck of the Empire State building (370 m above ground). With what velocity does it strike the ground? Ignore air resistance.
- physics - DrBob222, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 1:21pm
distance = 1/2 gt^2 Solve for time it takes for the penny to reach the ground.
Then distance = 1/2(Vinitial + Vfinal)t.
Vinitial is zero. You know distance and t, solve for Vfinal.
- physics - Anonymous, Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 9:06am
- physics - Anonymous, Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 11:35am
- physics - Tesfalem, Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 10:32pm
- !@#$%^&er - ญ, Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 10:33pm
- !@#$%^&er - ญญญ, Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 10:33pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A penny is dropped from the observation deck of the Empire State ...
- Physics - The observation deck of tall skyscraper is 370. m above the time ...
- Physics - A penny is dropped from rest from the top of a very tall building. ...
- Physics(Please respond) - 1) A penny is dropped from rest from the top of a very...
- Calculus - A stone is dropped from the upper observation deck of a tower, 200 m ...
- physics - A penny is dropped from the top of a building 310 m high. Ignoring air...
- physics - A penny is dropped from rest from the top of the Trump Tower in New ...
- Physics - A ball is tossed from an upper-story window of a building. The ball is...
- Physical Science - If there were no air resistance, a quarter dropped from the ...
- Physics - A man stands on the roof of a 19.0 m-tall building and throws a rock ...