Posted by manny on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:06pm.
Posted by manny on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 6:41pm.
what does "los famas" mean in spanish
i looked it up and i get fame for "fama" but it does not make sense in this particular context
"Cuando los famas salen de viaje..."
For Further Reading
spanish - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 7:33pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. You are right that it does not make sense. The word for fame is "la fama" and the gender is feminine. If it is capitalized, it would make sense referring to a family named Famas. Just in case there is something "new" out there, I went to the dictionary of the Real Academia Española and get the message "the word is not in the dictionary!" Perhaps there is a "typo" in your book?
spanish---PLEASE READ!!!! - manny, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:04pm
this is from
I. Viajes – Julio Cortázar
It can be found at the first website you get when you search "Viajes Julio Cortázar" on google.
- For SraJMcGin - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:13pm
¡Ajá! That clarifies it. He is using "nominalization with the definite article" so in this case "los famas" means "the famous ones" and "un fama" would be "a famous one."
See why it is SO important to see the CONTEXT or exactly how it is used!
- For SraJMcGin - manny, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:16pm
- For SraJMcGin - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:17pm
de nada, Manny Es un placer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- spanish - what does "los famas" mean in spanish i looked it up and i get fame ...
- cultural diversity - I posted this a couple of nights ago- and thought I would ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Friday, October 26, 2012 at 9:20pm. 1. He called the...
- Statistic HELPPPPPP - A linear model can be used to describe the relationship ...
- Spanish-SraJMcGin-please check - Posted by Megan on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 ...
- English - What does the word innuendo mean in this context: the air is alive ...
- Science repost for Eva - Posted by eva on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 2:56pm in ...
- English - Homework Help: English Posted by rfvv on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at ...
- Math - im lost evaluate 30 divided by 5*3-2 all over/2-2divided by 3 Math - jim...
- REPOST: Teen Suicide - Posted by Wenmar on Thursday, October 25, 2007 at 9:40pm...