Posted by manny on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:06pm.
Posted by manny on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 6:41pm.
what does "los famas" mean in spanish
i looked it up and i get fame for "fama" but it does not make sense in this particular context
"Cuando los famas salen de viaje..."
For Further Reading
spanish - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 7:33pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. You are right that it does not make sense. The word for fame is "la fama" and the gender is feminine. If it is capitalized, it would make sense referring to a family named Famas. Just in case there is something "new" out there, I went to the dictionary of the Real Academia Espańola and get the message "the word is not in the dictionary!" Perhaps there is a "typo" in your book?
spanish---PLEASE READ!!!! - manny, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:04pm
this is from
I. Viajes – Julio Cortázar
It can be found at the first website you get when you search "Viajes Julio Cortázar" on google.
- For SraJMcGin - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:13pm
ˇAjá! That clarifies it. He is using "nominalization with the definite article" so in this case "los famas" means "the famous ones" and "un fama" would be "a famous one."
See why it is SO important to see the CONTEXT or exactly how it is used!
- For SraJMcGin - manny, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:16pm
- For SraJMcGin - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 8:17pm
de nada, Manny Es un placer.
Answer this Question
- spanish - what does "los famas" mean in spanish i looked it up and i get fame ...
- Spanish-SraJMcGin-please check - Posted by Megan on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 ...
- Science repost for Eva - Posted by eva on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 2:56pm in ...
- Math - im lost evaluate 30 divided by 5*3-2 all over/2-2divided by 3 Math - jim...
- REPOST: Teen Suicide - Posted by Wenmar on Thursday, October 25, 2007 at 9:40pm...
- english - Posted by Anonymous on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 10:00pm. download ...
- phsyics - Posted by MELANA on Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 5:14pm. An object in...
- Spanish- SraJMcGin - Posted by Aubrey on Monday, June 4, 2007 at 2:49pm. ...
- Chemistry-pls help urgent - Posted by candy on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 5:...
- PHYSICS - A 20N crate starting at rest slides down a rough 5.0m ramp, inclined ...