Posted by Rebekka on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 7:07pm.
i need help figuring out this question! :)
write a equation for this sequence. then find the 100th term.
term number 1 2 3 4
term 6 10 14 18
math...help please! - Quidditch, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 7:24pm
Take a guess that the answer is a line.
Use any to points where the term number is x and the term value is y. Sove for the slope and intercept.
Terms 2 and 4 would give:
m * 2 + b = 10
m * 4 + b = 18
m = (18 - 10) / (4 - 2) = 8 / 2 = 4
If m = 4, what is b? (just substitute)
math...help please! - Quidditch, Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 7:42pm
The 100th term will be:
100 * m + b
m = 4 and b = ?
The 100th term is 402
math...help please! - megan, Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 8:16pm
Find the 35th term of the sequence in which a1 = 7 and the common difference is 7.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math...help please! - I need help figuring this out please! :) Write an equation...
- Math - The fifth term of an arithmetic sequence is 22 and the 15th term is 62. ...
- Math - For the sequence an=6n+1, its first term is its second term is its third ...
- pre-calculus urgent - The first term of an arithmetic sequence is 6, and the ...
- math - How do I figure out what the nth term is in a sequence? Exmaple: 1, 3, 5,...
- Math - The 5th term of an arithmetic sequence is 22 and the 15th term is 62. ...
- maths - in a sequence the 50th term is 349 51st term is 354 and the 52nd term is...
- Algebra - I am so lost on these problems. Write a geometric sequence that starts...
- Math - 3,5,-5... The first term in the sequence of #'s shown above is 3. Each ...
- Algebra - The fifth term of an arithmetic sequence is 22 and the 15th term is 62...