posted by Bo on .
There are 8 people on one side of a river. They have a raft to help them get to the other side. There is a father and his two sons, a mother and her two daughters, a policeman and a thief. Everyone must cross the river, but you must follow the rules:
* Only 2 persons on the raft at a time
* The father can not stay with any of the daughters
without their mother's presence
* The mother can not stay with any of the sons
without their father's presence
* The thief (striped shirt) can not stay with any
family member if the Policeman is not there
* Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman know
how to operate the raft
The operators can go and come back. How do I solve this?