Posted by ~christina~ on Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 9:52pm.
how would I draw this compound?
I've tried it again and again but I can't seem to get the Cl on the 6th carbon while still having a 6 carbon chain of heptane
I drew it
CH3 CBr CH2 CCH3CH3 CH2 Cl
I just can't figure it out..can someone help me?
- Chem drawing - bobpursley, Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 10:06pm
heptane is a seven chain...
- Chem drawing - ~christina~, Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 12:14am
I know but the problem is when I have to fit the Cl on the 6th carbon...but I can't seem to do that without putting in too much carbons.
- Chem drawing - DrBob222, Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 11:38am
Take your structure in the first post and simply add CH3 at the end (substitute CH3 for one of the Hs on the CH2Cl. I THINK your problem is you are counting one of the dimethyl groups as one of the carbons in the chain for heptane.
Check out my try and see if it has any flaws.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- organic chemistry - I need to draw the structure of 4-Hexenal. I understand that...
- chemistry - Draw all possible structures of an organic compound with 6 carbon ...
- chemistry - I have a compound ch3 = ch- ch - oh ch3 the ch3 is under the first ...
- Chemistry - Do you know the carbon chain lengths for the different states of ...
- Chemistry - Full question: An alcohol of molecular formula C4H10O2 contains two ...
- CHEM - Trying to figure out how to draw the structure 2-bromo-4-phenylpentane I ...
- O-Chem - Write the structural formula of a compound with an unbranched chain of ...
- Ochem - Could someone explain this? Thanks! Which of the following is a correct ...
- Chemistry - Draw all the possible condensed structural formulas for the organic ...
- Chemistry - The boiling point of another member of this homologous series was ...