Posted by Ellen on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 8:30pm.
I need help with this question:
replace the underlined nouns in this paragraph with personal pronouns.Write the pronouns on the lines below. The nouns have a number right next to them for you to read.
Here is the paragraph:
Squanto was a Pawtuxet Indian man who came to the aid of the Pilgrims at the Plymouth Colony. The (1)Pilgrims were near starvation after a very bad winter. Squanto taught the (2)Pilgrims how to plant corn.(3)Squanto's showed the Pilgrims the best places to hunt and fish. (4)Squanto's ability to speak English came quite handy for the Pilgrims. Squanto acted as the (5)Pilgrims' interpreter with the Indian chief Massasoit when the two groups were working out a treaty. (6)Squanto proved (7)Squato's freindship with the Pilgrims many times. The (8)Pilgrims were grateful.
I need help on how to actually do this problem?
English - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 28, 2007 at 8:36pm
The personal pronouns are I, me, we, us, you, he, him, she, her, they, them. You are to change the underlined nouns to one of these pronouns.
For instance, (1) The Pilgrims should be changed to They.
(2) the Pilgrims = them
If you post your answers to the rest of the paragraph, we'll be glad to check them.
English - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 28, 2007 at 8:49pm
Other personal pronouns are:
my, mine, your, yours, his, hers, their
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Nouns - Our son's 3rd grade teacher gave out a homework assignment which had the...
- Noiuns - Our son's 3rd grade teacher gave out a homework assignment which had ...
- 6th grade - I keep mine on a bookshelf my dad and I built ourselves. I, mine, my...
- esl - change the underlined nouns to pronouns. We well give it to our childern.
- English (8th Grade) - I can only figure about half of this one out: Your ...
- English grammar - There are five kinds of nouns: Common nouns, collective nouns...
- comm155 - help write: Write a paragraph, using several sentences, to describe a ...
- language arts - what's the answer to subject and object pronouns worksheet the ...
- English 3 - Pronouns that introduce adjective clauses and relate to words or ...
- english - Write the nouns and pronouns used as adjectives and the noun each one ...