Posted by Emily on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 9:04pm.
In a regular polygon (equal sides and angles), you use (n-2)180 to find out what the interior angle sum is (n=number of sides in polygon) and you divide by that number by whatever n is to find out the measure of an individual angle, right? Well, there is going to be a problem on tomorrow's geometry test where we are given the measure of an interior angle of a regular polygon (for instance, one angle=150 degrees), but I can't tell how to do that. I figured it would be something like this:
-------- = 150
But, it dosn't work out too well when I try to single out n. Can someone tell me how to do this?
P.S. Sorry that my explanation was so long -- I was trying to get the information out there :-) THANKS!!!
Geometry - bobpursley, Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 9:12pm
Take an interior angle: 150 degrees. How many sides?
the sum of interior angles is 150n (n angles, each 150 degrees)
but (n-2)180= 150n (both are sum of interior angles, and equal, so
Geometry - Emily, Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 9:18pm
Oh -- I get it! Thank you so much for helping me out, I really needed that info for tomorrow's test. Thx!
Geometry - Colleen, Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 5:04pm
i have absolutely no idea how to do this!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math--fast help please - Find the interior and exterior angle measurements of a ...
- math. - Each exterior angle of a regular polygon is 15 degrees. 1.Determine the ...
- math - The measure of an interior angle of a regular polygon is 135 degrees. ...
- geometry - If the ratio of the interior angle to the exterior angle is 5:1 for a...
- Math please helppp - 1 Find the missing angle measure in the polygon A ] 77 B ] ...
- Geometry - The sum of the interior angles of polygon is 1800. Find the number of...
- Geometry - 1. How many sides does a regular polygon have if one exterior angle ...
- math - find the sum of the measures of the intieior angles of each polygon. -...
- Math - Are the statements Always, Sometimes or Never. Please explain why. Thanks...
- math - A regular polygon has the sum of the interior angles as 3240degrees . ...