2. No. Bering Sea is the direct object of the verb "crossed." It can't be a PN because it doesn't mean the same as the subject, "They."
3. No. What is the subject of this sentence?
4. No. What is the subject of this sentence?
7. There is no PN in this sentence. Life is the direct object and Inuit describes it.
8. No. Please try again.
9. No. Inuit is an adjective describing the subject. Please try again.
10. No. Generation is in a prepositional phrase and can't be the PN.
Please study this web site about predicate nominatives.
If you repost your answers tomorrow, we'll be glad to help you.
Check the answers in
Sorry -- but one of Anonymous's answers is wrong.
Are these right? Guess I wasn't off to a very good start!
1.The ancestors of the lnuit people were Asians. PN-Asians yes
2.They had probably crossed the Bering Sea in umiaks. PN-Bering Sea none; "crossed" is an action verb; doesn't have a PN
3.Umiaks are large boats made of skin. PN-boats -- yes
4.Long ago, the Inuits became skilled and efficient hunters. PN-hunters -- yes
5.They are also talented storytellers. PN-storytellers yes
6.Most of their stories have been traditional tales. PN-tales yes
7. The tales describe Inuit life in a harsh climate. PN-none; "describe" is an action verb, cannot have a PH
8.They also tell about courage and love of family. PN-none; "tell" is an action verb; no PN
9. Inuit stories are a record of the past for young people. PN-record
10.Many of the tales are passed down fom one generation to the next. PN-none; "are passed (down)" is an action verb; no PN
It looks as if you need to review how to identify all the parts of a sentence. You still aren't clear on subjects, types of verbs (action or linking), direct objects, objects of prepositions, not to mention predicate noun or predicate adjective. Here are some sites where you can re-study these:
Answer this Question
3rd Grade Grammar - I need help. I think the book is trying to trick me. ...
engligh - Which choice best describes the underlined words in the sentence? Look...
language arts - Determine each verb and predicate noun or predicate adjective 1....
E.L.A. PLEASE CHECK! - Which choice best describes the underlined word or words ...
writeteacher - Hi thanks so much for your help but I am confused- I thought in ...
english - Can someone help me to write only five or ten sentences about there ...
English - Reach each sentence then write each transitive verb. If a sentence has...
english pronoun - please help what is the pronoun in hte two sentneces below: ...
ALGEBRA - 1, Factor each expression x^2 - 10x - 24 A. (x + 4)(x - 6) B. (x + 6)(...
english - I need help...I have searched many websites and I feel like none of ...