Posted by Matt on .
Any help would be much appreciated with the steps involved in each problem given. Thank you.
1) Find derivative if y =cot x + sin x
2) Find derivative if y = (3x+5)^8
3) Find derivative if y = x csc x
4) Find derivative if y = x ã3x + 1 (3x + 1 is under the square root)
5) ( f ◦ g )Œ if f ( x) = x^5 + 1 and g (x) = ãx at x = 1 (the x is under the square root)
Chain Rule -
2) Let u = 3x+5 and use the chain rule
dy/dx = dy/du*du/dx
y = u^8
dy/du = 8 u^7
u = 3x+5
du/dx = 3
You complete the problem. If you need help with the others, show your work and help will be provided.